Netflix not streaming content from a web browser? Well, the first thing that you will have to check is whether you have MS Silverlight installed on your computer or not. If yes, then check if you have activated your Netflix through the official Netflix com activate link or not. If the problem is related to MS Silverlight, then follow this blog post to get rid of the streaming problem.
- You will be prompted to setup Silverlight again. However, it is being already installed.
- Difficulty in streaming contents from Netflix activate link.
You must ensure that you are using the correct version of Silverlight software. If it is outdated, then you may face this streaming problem on your computer. Corrupted or missing files lead to malfunctioning of software.
Solution: Now, we are going to discuss the complete solution to your problem in the below-mentioned steps. After implementing these steps, you will able to stream your Netflix app easily without any hitch. If you are facing sign-in issues on Netflix, then you should take Netflix sign in help.
Before starting with the troubleshooting process first, have a quick look at the Silverlight current firmware version. If it needs to update, then update it.
- Open the start menu and search for Silverlight program. From the list of programs, select the Microsoft Silverlight program.
- Go to ‘about’ option from the list of properties by right clicking on Microsoft Silverlight icon.
- Check the current firmware version, if it is higher than or equal to 5.0, then it is ok otherwise click on update.
However, if Microsoft Silver light tool still not installed properly, then there is a problem with the setup file. Either the setup file is corrupted or not downloaded properly.
In such condition try to resolve this issue by clicking on fix button or follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Log onto to your system as administrator and exit all the window explorer screen opened currently on the system.
- Open an internet explorer tool under administrator function.
- Click ok.
- Now try streaming Netflix app with Silverlight software.
Sometimes, you are required to setup the correct time and date on your computer. To initiate the adjustment, follow the steps explained below.
- Right-click on the clock icon given in the right bottom corner.
- Adjust the time and date.
- Set the proper format and time zone.
- Now open the Netflix com link to see if the issue is resolved or not.
If you are required to switch to In Private browsing, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Browser in safe mode.
- For this, click on InPrivate browsing from safety option.
- Press ctrl+ shift+ p at same time.
- Now see if the problem of www Netflix com streaming is resolved or not.
Sometimes, logging into your Netflix through a secured network solves the problem. But, if you are getting login issues, then you can take Netflix login help from experts. Steps to get rid of this problem are discussed below.
- Open the internet tools from ‘internet option’ menu.
- Select the security type.
- Click on trusted sites and flash all the data specific to Netflix from the field.
- Uncheck the ‘Require server verification’ box.
- Copy the Netflix address into the safe zone field.
- Tap on ‘add’.
- Try Netflix app on the Silverlight now.
Note: There is application storage tool in your Silverlight software that must be enabled on your computer. To turn it to follow the steps:
- Click on the Silverlight option from the list of programs under the search box.
- Tick mark on ‘enable application storage’ option.
- Try streaming the Netflix contents now with Silverlight tool.
You must delete all the temporary files of Silverlight software from the window 7 OS. Follow the steps explained here as under:
- Close all the opened windows.
- Open C: drive from my computer.
- Open the user folder.
- Click on local.
- Look for Silverlight folder and clear all the temporary files stored in this folder.
- Now, try to take Netflix TV help and enter the credentials to login again.