With the recent HBO hack, it was expected that the cable network would lose the Game of Thrones fans. But, the hack didn’t affect the users. Check out why.
All HBO subscribers, what are you streaming next on the HBO’s network? As the 7th Season of the most heroic HBO’s show “Game of Thrones” has come to an end, which builds the imagination of millions with its spectacular take of Kings, Queens, and dragons set in the middle of the world’s finest natural wonders. But, the real story behind the show is a bit more interesting and appealing.
The GOT’s distributor, HBO got hacked in the past few weeks, details and the whole episodes got leaked. All around the world, it was a sudden shock to the network and its fans. However, HBO refused to pay a multi-million dollar ransom to all the hackers who got those GOT secrets. And, despite having an intense interest in the show, most of the fans didn’t respond to the leaks. Check out the reasons which make all the fans to neglect the leaks and wait for the official release by the network.
- The customer is always the priority- After getting hacked, HBO didn’t let the hackers to force them to follow their orders. Instead, it got focused on providing the best fan experience, and the fans also responded in a fair manner.
Today, there has been lots of detracting voices and noise which try to down your value. But, staying focused is the first rule in any business in delivering the best customer experience.
- Exceeding the fans expectations- It’s really hard to match the level of fan expectations for every episode of GOT. But, the show just delivers more than what was expected by the fans. Overall, the entertainment experience was unmatchable, and the fans also responded by displaying their loyalty.
Even, when the chance comes towards the fans, they just refused it. They passionately show their loyalty by rewarding GoT the adorable millions of views to the final episode of the season and ignored the hackers offer. Many of them head to twitter and display their commitment towards the show by refusing to check out the leaked material and also urging others to do the same.
- Being Transparent- At the time, when the hackers declared that they have breached the GoT and will leak the information and the episodes, HBO didn’t hide anything. The network had also faced the hacking situation before and just made it clear that it will not negotiate with the hackers. HBO stay clear about what had happened and states about the principles governing its decision to not engage with any dealing.
- Building a community- A community plays an important role growth of any company. Today, the definition of “Community’ has got changed- it’s a group of people with the shared connections, interests, and ideas. The communities which were formed around the GoT were committed and strong.
- Delivering a fine experience, not just a simple product- The final point in the reasons is the total of all the previous reasons. For any service or product to stay memorable, there is always a need of experience. With this incident, HBO once again proved that it has the power to stay strong and deliver the better than the best experience to all the global users out there.