As we all are aware of this popular streaming device, which lets you cast your favorite content via different streaming platforms such as YouTube, and Netflix etc. All you need to do is just setup this well-liked streaming device and if you want to grab some appropriate directions regarding set up procedure then you can visit Google Com Chromecast Setup or you can also call professionals.
If we are talking about different streaming device then no doubt Netflix comes on our favorite list. Now how many of you are facing trouble in their Netflix? We have noticed many users are like their Netflix is not working with Chromecast. If you’re struggling with this issue then here we have some facile steps for you.
- Make sure the Chromecast’s name does not contain any special characters.
Special characters in the Chromecast name (such as Emoji) will secure it from being seen by the Netflix app.
On casting device, you need to launch the Chromecast app, select Chromecast name, and remove any special character.
After changing the name of your streaming device, start the Netflix app again and look for the Cast icon when playing a motion picture or television show. For precise Chromecast Help, you can also contact the experts.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS or Android installed on your mobile device.
Netflix on Chromecast is accordant with iOS 7.0+ iPhones, iPods, iPads and with Wi-Fi enabled Android 4.0+ devices.
- Make sure the Netflix app is up to date.
In the App Store in Google Play, you can check for updates.
That’s compulsory that devices must be running Netflix app version 2.4 or higher.
Same goes for Apple mobile, in this devices must be running Netflix app version 4.2 or higher.
- If you’re using the Chrome browser, make sure you have the Google Cast extension installed.
The Chrome browser must have the Google Cast extension installed to transfer video content to your Chromecast. Regarding installation of the Google Cast Extension and Chrome Cast Setup procedure, you can get in touch with professionals.
- Make sure your device is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromecast.
Chromecast requires being on the similar Wi-Fi network in order to link.
- Is your router, modem or gateway set to multicast?
Your router, modem or gateway owner’s manual or manufacturer should have directions for enabling multicast.
- Do you see the cast icon in other apps but not in the Netflix app?
- You need to power off the device that your care casting from at least ten seconds.
- Power on your device again.
- You need to launch Netflix and retry casting after turning on the device.