The new OS version of Apple 4th Generation TV is coming up with a new feature which we call it as Single Sign-in feature. This feature allows you to sign-in to multiple apps with the single sign-in credentials of your TV provider. You don’t need to go to HBO Go activate link to enter the login details. The login fields will be fetched automatically from the TV provider. You can login to the HBO app with the TV provider sign-in itself.
Now, we are going to let you know the step-by-step instructions on how to use the Single Sign-in feature of your Apple TV. If you have installed HBO version 9 or higher on your Apple TV, then also you will be able to use this feature. This feature works on limited editions or generations of Apple TV. If you are using 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV, then we are sorry to say that this feature will remain inaccessible from your TV. You need to go to link in such case.
Steps to login to the app with the single sign-in:
- The very first step is to go to ‘Settings’ and open the TV provider menu from the ‘Account’ menu.
- You will find the list of TV providers on your TV. Select the particular from it.
- Enter the login name and password for your TV provider and submit the information. If you have not signed-in earlier and don’t know the credentials, then there is nothing to worry. Simply call your TV provider.
- Now the next step is to check whether the TV provider is providing HBO support on Apple TV or not. If not, you can ask them directly by clicking on the link.
Steps to sign-in to the HBO streaming service are:
- The first and the foremost step is to check the version of OS installed on your Apple TV. It should be 10.2 or higher.
- Install the HBO app from the app store and visit link to read on-screen instructions. You can open this link on your computer.
- Select ‘Sign-in’ option from the given menu on the screen and turn on ‘Allow’ function to use the same login credentials you used for TV provider.
- Check if you are successfully signed in or not.
However, if you don’t have the sign-in feature installed in your Apple TV, then you can sign-in to the app by entering the login details of your TV provider followed by login details of your HBO app. You may be prompted to enter the username and the password of your TV provider again to verify your identity.
Coming to the sign-out steps. The steps are mentioned here as under. You must read them carefully.
- Open app and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Sign-out’ option from HBO Go activate device menu.
- You are now required to select one of the two options. Either select Sign-out option directly or click on ‘Settings’ to sign-out from the single sign-in menu.
- Turn off the TV provider access to the HBO TV. If you want to stop the access to all the apps, then simply log-out of TV provider.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the function.
This is how you can Sign-out and sign-in of the HBO GO app. If you are facing any problem, then go to ink.