Are you trying to stream your favorite digital content from HBO Now to your TV screen using Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick as a streaming device? If yes, then that’s a great combination you have got there. HBO Now is a service that usually works fine with any streaming device, but there is the next level of convenience that one could feel while streaming TV shows or movies from HBO Now to the TV with Amazon Fire TV or TV Stick as the streaming device.
But, what if HBO Now stops working on Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick? Well, that will definitely be a big jolt, especially to those who are binge-watchers on HBO. This is what many users have been facing as of late. One day, HBO Now was working fine, and the very next day, the service stopped working. This is strange to see, but one can’t deny such scenarios. Here is what you are going to do when HBO Now stops working on Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
Check your network status
If you are facing issues related to the quality of videos, such as poor video quality or frequent buffering, then it could be due to a slow or inconsistent network connection. So, you will have to check the network status. In order to check that:
- Go to your Amazon Fire TV followed by going to ‘settings’ option and then, ‘network’.
- On the Fire TV remote, press ‘Play Button’ to check the network status.
Restart Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
- You will have to turn off your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. Unplug the device from the main power.
- Unplug the power from the network devices such as your router and modem, etc.
- Reconnect your modem and router to the main power respectively. Wait until all the devices get powered up before connecting any other device.
- Now, you should plug in Amazon Fire TV.
- Launch HBO Now and see if that problem still persists or not.
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV, then choose ‘settings’ followed by ‘applications’ and finally, ‘manage all applications’.
- You will see a list of applications from which you will have to select ‘HBO Now’.
- Select the option named ‘Force Stop’ followed by ‘clear cache’.
- Select the option named ‘clear data’ and then, restart the device.
- Launch HBO Now to see if the issue is still there.
Uninstall & Reinstall HBO Now
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV and choose ‘settings’, then ‘applications’ and finally, ‘manage installed applications’.
- From the list of apps, select ‘HBO Now’.
- Select the option named ‘Force Stop’ and then, ‘uninstall’.
- Download a fresh copy of HBO Now app from Amazon AppStore and then, reinstall that copy.
Check for Software Updates
- On the home screen of Amazon Fire TV, you will have to go ‘settings’ option followed by ‘device’ and then, ‘about’.
- Select the option named ‘check for system update’ in order to check if there is an update available for you to do. If there is, you can update the app, if not, then the app would already be updated.