In this guide, we are going to explain the troubleshooting steps for fixing the blank screen issue or Video doesn’t play on my computer while fetching contents from HBO streaming service. All the steps which we are going to discuss with you today are verified and tested by our expert team. So, after reading the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps, you will find no need to contact any service expert or service provider.
The very first troubleshooting measures, which you can take if your HBO go activate stopped playing video are mentioned here as under:
- Close all the windows in your computer and restart it.
- Log on to HBOGo.com and try streaming videos through it.
If the same blank screen or videos won’t play on your screen, then you need to follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
1st step: Check the firmware of your browser
It is recommended to use only supported web browser for streaming the contents through HBO GO app. In case, more than one browser is installed on your computer. Try playing videos with the different browser then. If you are unsure with the list of supported browsers, then you can take HBO go help from the official HBO page. The minimum requirements for HBOGO. Com are available on this web page. You can check the all from this page.
2nd step: Clear browser cache
Sometimes, clearing the cache and old data from the memory also help in fixing the problem. So, you need to clear it by following the steps mentioned here:
- If you are using a Chrome browser and don’t know the steps to clear the cache, then simply enter Clear cache help keywords in the browser help window and everything will get displayed on the screen.
- Close the browser after clearing cache and reopen it from the desktop.
- Log onto HBO Go. Com and activate your service using HBOgo com activate link and try playing videos now.
3rd step: Flash and browser configuration
- You must ensure that you are using the latest version of Adobe flash player in your computer and all its files and plugins are properly installed. For this, you can go to www adobe flash player help link and click on ‘check for update’ link to Check now. If any new update is available, then it will start updating automatically.
- Check the configurations of your browser configuration and make sure that all the third parties cookies are enabled. Don’t forget to turn off the private or incognito mode. Disable the ad-blocking software and also disable the plug-ins and add-ins not related to the flash
- After altering the settings of your browser, close it and reopen it again from the computer. Try playing video now from HBO activate.
4th step: Clear cache of your flash player
To clear the cache, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open the paused video and right click on it to open the ‘Global settings’.
- Open website storage panel section from the ‘Settings manager’.
- Delete all the pages from here and click to confirm your decision.
- Now close the program and open it again.
- Try playing the videos from HBO .com or go to HBO support page for assistance.
5th step: Reset the Flash license files
Instead of deactivating the HBO Go account and HBO go activate device, Reset your adobe flash player files from the computer. Click to reset the License files from the Protect contents playback section under settings. If you still find the same problem, then try the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps for different browsers:
- Flash player plugin for Firefox.
- Adobe Flash troubleshooting for Google Chrome.
- Videos won’t play for Internet