A user may not be able to stream the content using their Roku app if it is unable to detect their Roku streaming device. Their device name won’t come up in the list of discovered devices. So to avoid this problem today, we will discuss the solution for it.
Roku mobile application is available for free and can be installed on any device using an iOS or Android operating system. It turns the mobile device into a controller for managing the content on your Roku media player. To program the mobile as a Roku controller, on should install this Roku app on it and then pair it with the Roku streaming box. One should open that Roku app to view the discovered devices around it and then select their Roku box from that list to control its operations using that mobile. But in many cases, people are unable to find their device name in the list of discovery devices due to which they can’t enjoy this feature with their Roku app.
Thus if you also face the same issue, then just go through the following steps to overcome the problem:
- Make sure your Roku box and the mobile device are not using the same WiFi network. So go through the wireless settings for both the devices and if you found that both are using the same network, then move any one of those to another internet network.
- Check if the Roku device is using a public IP address. If yes then it could be the problem as the Roku device should be programmed to use a Private IP address that falls within the range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 to 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124 to 192.168.255.255.
- You can check the IP address by opening the Settings menu and then clicking on the option for Network settings of your Roku set top box. The problem of public IP occurs if a router is not configured to your home network. You can contact your internet provider or the person who can help you in managing your network settings to the appropriate one.
- If you find that your Roku has the AP isolation enabled with it, then immediately turn off the settings for it. Make sure that the mobile device is not using your VPN as the VPN applications route for managing all traffic as it might lead to the hiding of your Roku box due to which you are not able to see it in the list of discovery devices. It might resolve the issue, but in case the issue is not resolved try using another step for it.
- Open the discovery screen and tap on the option to “Connect Manually.” Now type in the IP address for your Roku streaming box. If you don’t know the IP address for your Roku, then open the “Settings” menu and click on “Network” to view the IP address.
- Try to restart your Roku mobile application: If you are using it on an iOS device, then double click on the home key and drag out the Roku app to close it. Once the app is closed, click on it to reopen the Roku app. If case you are using the app on an Android device then view the recent applications and swipe it to close the Roku app and after that try to reopen it.
It might resolve the issue and would show up your Roku in the list of discovered device. So you can quickly add it from there to control your Roku streaming device. For help visit www Roku Com Support and get the best guidance for solving all the Roku issues.