Today, we are going to discuss the troubleshooting steps to fix the HBO Go activation issues. We are going to discuss the steps in relation to different devices like playStation4, Android TV, and Samsung TV. If you are a user of any one of the following device and getting problem in HBO Go activate process, then do read the instructions carefully.
Activation issues on PlayStation 4: Activating an HBO Go on PlayStation 4 is quite simple. You just need to click on Hbogo com activate link from the internet. If you are facing any problem thereafter, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Delete HBO streaming service from your PlayStation.
- Restore your PlayStation.
- Download HBO Go app from the app store.
- Launch the app now and try to activate it now.
Activation issues on Android TV: If the same activation issues are being faced on your Android TV, then first click on the link ‘I can’t activate my device’. If it doesn’t help you, then follow the steps mentioned below:
1st step: Clear the cache and data
- Under download folder, search for HBO Go app.
- You will find clear cache option when you open the app. Click on it to clear the previous data and cache.
- Click ‘Ok’ to confirm your decision.
- Try to activate the app now. If you are still in a trouble, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
2nd step: Uninstall and re-install the HBO Go app
- Again go to ‘settings’ from your Android TV and click on ‘apps’.
- Open HBO Go app and click on ‘uninstall’.
- Click ‘Ok’ to confirm.
- Now open Google play store and download the app from there. Install it once get downloaded.
Try to click on Hbo activate link now, if you are still not able to move further, then go to next step.
3rd step: Reset your Android TV
Sometimes, resetting and restarting the Hbo go activate device may solve the activation issue. Here, we are talking about Android TV. To reset it, first switch it off, then keep it off for 5 minutes and then turn it on again.
Activation issues in Samsung TV: If you are not being able to activate the app on your Samsung TV, then you can either take Hbo go help from the official site or follow the below-mentioned ways to troubleshoot your problem.
- Uninstall/Reinstall HBO Go: Uninstall the HBO Go app from your Samsung TV. If you are doubtful with the uninstallation steps, then you can take help from online guide link. Switch off your TV after uninstallation to remove all the temporary files from its memory. Now update the software hub and version of your smart TV by following the online instructions available on the official Samsung web page.
- Restore the settings to default by clicking on ‘default settings’ button.
- Now, install the HBO Go app on your device by referring to the online instructions. You can take Hbo support from the online official link as well for installation of the app on the device.
- Now, try activating your app on the TV. If this still doesn’t work, then move to next troubleshooting step.
Reset your Samsung TV: Restoring the device to default settings may help in fixing the activation issue. For this, you can either restore the factory settings or update the software of your TV OS to the latest version.
Install HBO Go now app on your TV and try activating on your Samsung TV. If you failed to get success, then go to next step.
Disconnect your Samsung TV
Disconnect the TV from the power source by unplugging the power cord and wait for 3 minutes before plugging it back into the socket.