Netflix has made watching TV shows, movies, sports programming, documentaries and other different types of content a lot easier. But, what if you want to play a certain title in Netflix, and are not able to do so? It will be a frustrating situation for sure, so this is what we are going to discuss today. Keep reading the blog post to find out the right solution for this ‘can’t play title’ issue on Netflix.
Netflix has a long list of titles that you can get access to. Netflix is the most popular streaming channel, and there are many good reasons behind it. But, what if you are trying to play a certain title, and are getting a message on the screen that ‘Can’t play title. Please try again later’. This will definitely annoy you because you were in a mood to watch something, but now, a technical issue has ruined it all for you.
Today, we are going to discuss the process of fixing this ‘can’t play title’ error in Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod. The steps are same for all these devices, so if you are using any one of these, then you can follow the below-mentioned devices to get rid of the problem.
Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Most problems get resolved by restarting the device, so why not try the same with Apple devices. You should restart your device by pressing the sleep/wake button and holding that button until you see the red slider on the screen.
- Once you see the slider, you need to drag it to turn the device completely off.
- Wait for 10 seconds and press sleep/wake button again to turn on the device.
- You need to try Netflix once your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod powers on.
Make sure that the network you are using supports streaming
This becomes important if you are trying to stream through Netflix on the Wi-Fi network of your office, hotel, school or hospital, etc.
- You will have to check with the network admin you are connected to in order to make sure that the streaming services like Netflix are supported by them and are not blocked deliberately.
- You should also keep in mind that there are many public networks, which offer a limited bandwidth.
Are you using a cellular data or satellite internet?
The problem could arise if you are using a cellular data or satellite internet to stream anything from Netflix. Therefore, it is suggested to try a different network in order to play that title. The reason why I’m asking you move onto a different network is the speed of mobile internet and satellite internet. The speeds are much lower than DSL or cable internet, therefore it is better to avoid streaming anything when using a cellular data or satellite internet.
Troubleshoot all issues arising in your network connection
There are four steps that you need to perform in order to fix the issues arising in the network connection, these are;
- Restart your home network.
- Try a different internet connection.
- Restore the default settings of your ISP
- Improve the Wi-Fi signal by moving to a more powerful router or adding a Wi-Fi range extender.
Following all these aforementioned steps will definitely help you fix ‘can’t play title. Please try again later’ issue. If not, then you can take help of Netflix experts as they must be knowing this issue along with all the possible solutions.