To enjoy the HBO Go services on your Amazon Fire TV or stick, you need to enter HBO activate code on the web page. For this, you need to follow some steps which are mentioned in our blog post. Keep reading the post carefully and perform the steps in the same order.
Steps To Activate HBO GO On Your Amazon Fire TV And Fire Stick
- Firstly, download the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV from the app store.
- After downloading the app, install it and open on your Fire TV.
- Select ‘HBO GO’ option to receive the activation code on your device. You need to wait for some minutes until the code gets entered on the computer screen. If you find any problem, then you can take help from the official support link.
- Switch on the computer and got to HBO activate link.
- Choose your Amazon fire TV from the list of devices available on the screen and click ‘Continue’.
- Select your Cable TV provider and enter the login details to log in to the account. If you have forgotten the username or password of your TV provider, then you can call the TV provider support team. If the name of your TV provider is not on the list of HBO supported device list, then you need to ask your cable provider for not providing the HBO streaming service.
- On HBO Go screen, enter the activation code on your TV and select ‘Activate a device’.
- You will find ‘Success’ message on the screen. This message will be displayed on both computer and TV screen. It may take few minutes to activate the app on the device.
You can now start watching HBO Go contents. The process of activation is completed here. If you forgot to enter the activation code within 15 minutes, then it will get expired. You need to send a request for new HBO go. If you are getting any problem in activating the app, then you can go to official support link.
How To Deactivate The HBO GO App From Amazon Fire TV or Stick
- Launch HBO Go app on your Amazon Fire TV or stick.
- Press the menu button from the Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Go to ‘Settings’ Click on ‘Deactivate HBO GO’ and click now.
If you have given your Fire TV to someone and forgot to deactivate the HBO service, then you can send a request for deactivation of service on HBO support link. The support team will revert shortly.
Issues Related To Activation On Amazon Fire TV or Stick
Meanwhile, if you are facing any issue in activating or deactivating the HBO service, then you can troubleshoot the problem by sending an error report on the forum. If this step doesn’t help you, then you can try the below-mentioned steps and check if the problem still persists or not.
1st step: Uninstall the HBO GO: This is the first step for troubleshooting this problem.
- Uninstall HBO GO app from your Amazon fire TV.
- Restart your device after switching it off and switching it on again. You can disconnect the power supply from the wall socket as well.
- Download HBO Go again from the Amazon official app store.
Try playing the contents through HBO streaming service, if the problem still encounters, then follow the next step
2nd step: Reset your Fire TV: In this step, you need to reset your device by tapping on ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Device’ option and finally click ‘Reset’. Run update for all software and try the activation again.