Being a user of Apple TV if you’re struggling with video issue, color issue and sound issue then you need to check these facile steps.
Being a user of Apple TV if you find that you are struggling with the technical issue of video, coloring or audio then no worries, we have some facile troubleshooting steps for you. Just follow these simple steps and if you see no change then you can get in touch with professionals.
If you have video issues or see an HDCP alert
Get help with issues like blank or distorted screens, HDCP alerts, and color, tint, and brightness issues.
If you see issues like a blank, flickering, or static screen or an HDCP alert
- You need to unplug both ends of your HDMI cable. The strongly plug them back.
- Power off your receiver and television. Unplug your Apple TV from power, then plug it back. Power on your television and receiver.
- In your TV menu, ensure that you choose the HDMI input that matches the HDMI port linked to your Apple TV. Check your TV manual for support.
- Link your Apple TV directly to your television instead of your receiver or HDMI switch, since the error might be with your receiver or switch.
- Try a separate HDMI cable to see if your cable causes the problem.
- On your Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Audio and Video and manage the HDMI and display settings. Can’t go to Settings because of a blank screen? Then you need to use your remote, you can also take Apple TV Support.
- For Apple TV (4th gen.), grip menu and volume down for approx. five seconds. Then your Apple TV switches to the latest resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK so you can choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
- For Apple TV (2nd gen.) grip menu and up for five seconds. Then your Apple TV switches to the latest resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK so you can choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
If color, tint, or brightness are incorrect
Check the image mode on your TV. You should use the standard or normal picture mode. For more information, check your TV’s user guide. Then check the video settings on your Apple TV:
- On your Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Audio & Video.
- Now do a selection of HDMI Output and try each of these settings: Auto, YCbCr, RGB High, and RGB Low.
- If you have an Apple TV (4th gen.) check the Display Accommodations on your Apple TV. Settings such as Color Filters and Invert Colors can affect the television’s color, brightness, and tint. For more Apple TV Help you can contact professionals as well.
If you hear static or don’t hear any sound on your Apple TV
Get help with surround sound. For other issues, use these steps and check the audio after each step:
- Unplug both ends of your HDMI cable. The strongly plug them back in.Power off your receiver and television. Now unplug your Apple TV from power, then plug it back. Power on your television and receiver.
- Link your Apple TV directly to your television instead of using an HDMI switch or receiver, since the problem might be with your receiver of the switch.
- On your Apple TV, choose Settings > Audio & Video.
- Ensure Audio Out is set to Apple TV.
- You need to change the Audio Mode from Auto to 16 bit.
- On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), converse the Dolby Digital Out setting (On to Off).
- For distorted sound or audio sync errors, you might require turning off volume leveling or other audio processing controls on your TV or receiver. Check the manual by visiting www Appletv com or simply get in touch with professionals.
If you ear catches no sound when you navigate the menu, select Settings > Audio & Video. Ensure that Sound Effects and Track is on.