HBO is the name that a person who has interest in movies and TV shows will truly remember. There are many classic movies that are broadcasted on HBO, and we all love those. But, with so many movies and TV shows, it is quite normal to see some movies and TV shows that are inappropriate for children under a specific age group.
Entertainment is one such thing that knows no boundaries. But, it is important to limit your own boundaries because a specific type of entertainment could be very disturbing. We all like watching movies and TV shows with family members, but when the TV shows or movies contain multiple love-making scenes, blood scenes, and profanity, then it becomes difficult to enjoy that particular content with kids sitting next to you.
Moreover, it is important for you to make sure that kids too don’t watch such scenes when you are not around. This can become possible by placing parental controls on the HBO Go app, which is an application used by users to access HBO content.
You can apply these controls based on the ratings of the TV shows and movies. You can easily set the rating for television shows and movies separately. When your kids try to watch shows or movies that exceed the maximum allowed ratings, then they will be welcomed with a message saying, ‘the access to the content has been restricted due to parental controls’.
For television shows, you can create the maximum allowed ratings to TV-PG and for movies, the ratings should be set to PG-13. Any content above these ratings will not be able to be displayed until you want so.
How to change or create parental controls?
This can be done in three ways; by going to HBO Go website, the device on which the app has been installed and with the help of the TV service provider. You can log onto the official site of the company to create parental controls. If the television service provider supports parental controls, then you can set the controls by taking help of TV service provider rather than visiting hbogo.com or opening HBO GO app.
Creating parental controls using computer/laptop:
Check out below-given steps to set or change parental controls on your HBO Go app using your PC or laptop.
- Begin with opening your internet browser followed by visiting hbogo.com. Enter your login details for the primary account. If you own a sub-account, then you can’t set up parental controls.
- Once logged in, click your HBO Go ID and then, ‘parental controls’ option. After clicking this option, you will see a message on the screen, which will help you move ahead towards the process of how to set up parental controls. This step is only going to work if your TV service provider supports parental controls.
- In case, the message doesn’t appear, then just leave it as it is.
- Choose the maximum allowed ratings for television shows and movies. The controls will be set one by one if you are logged into a sub-account. You will also need defaults, so here are those; TV-MA (Unrestricted) and NC-17 (Unrestricted).
- Check below-given points and follow one of these:
- Creating a PIN: Enter the pin and then, confirm it if creating a PIN for the first time. Once confirmed, click ‘enable parental controls’ and then, type in your email ID. This email ID will be used to get back the PIN if lost or forgotten.
Enter the PIN: If you have already created a PIN, then enter the same and then, click ‘save changes’. If you can’t remember the PIN, then you can change or rest it by visiting the official website, i.e., www.hbogo.com