Apple TV is a device that let’s you stream almost everything that you want. It’s a great piece of technology. But at times it can give you some trouble like not working properly or not powering on. So, what to do? Don’t worry. Read this article and get the answers of your questions.
A device that lets you stream the content of your choice is one of the wonderful devices available in the market is nothing but your own Apple TV. But being a device and technology it can make you have some issues with your device like not working as expected or not powering on, then let’s check out what you can do. We have come with a guide with very simple steps that you can follow or you can also take Apple TV Support.
Apple TV not turning on or not responding
- Check the light on the front of the Apple TV.
- If light is flashing for more than three minutes, then restore your Apple TV to factory settings.
- If the light is steady and is not flashing, then you need to follow the steps that you follow when you get flickering screen.
- If there is no light, then unplug the power cord from the Apple TV. Then wait for 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Plug the power cord into a different power outlet or power strip. If possible, also try a different Apple Tv power cord. Now restore your Apple TV from your computer.
- If your Apple TV is still not working, then you must need to contact Apple TV Help or you can also take your Apple Tv to the nearest Apple Store.
Video Issues or HDCP Alert
If you see issues like flickering, blank, or static screen, then follow these steps:
- Unplug the both sides of your HDMI cable. Then firmly plug back it again.
- Now turn off your TV and receiver. Unplug your Apple Tv from the power, then plug it back in. Now turn your Tv and receiver on again.
- In your TV menu, you need to ensure that you select the HDMI input that matches the HDMI port connected with your Apple TV. TV manual can also be checked.
- Connect your Apple TV directly to your TV instead of your receiver or HDMI switch, since the issue might be with your receiver or switch.
- Try a different HDMI cable to see if your cable causes issues.
- On your Apple TV got to settings > Audio and video and adjust the HDMI and display settings. If you can’t go to settings because of blank screen, then use your remote then for Apple Tv of 4th gen, hold menu and volume down button for 5 seconds. Then Apple Tv will switch to new resolution every 20 seconds. Select Ok for choosing a resolution and cancel to quit. For Apple TV 2nd and 3rd gen, hold menu and volume up button for 5 seconds. Then Apple Tv will switch to new resolution every 20 seconds. Select Ok for choosing a resolution and cancel to quit.
- Apple Support Apple TV can be taken in case of any help.