A VPN is a software program that is used to access internet anonymously. A VPN is basically a software program that just like any other software program is vulnerable to glitches. But, like all other software programs, VPN crashing down is a situation that is less likely to happen. Today, we will be discussing as to how VPN crash down issue while streaming content from HBO GO can be fixed by using three simple procedures.
Seeing VPN crashing down frequently is definitely not a good sight especially when you are relying on the same for your entertainment. VPN is a service that anonymizes you so that nobody can see as to what you are watching and from which location. HBO GO is an application that shows content based on the user preference and location. Some users don’t like to see things that are filtered by preferences and/or location. VPN crashing down will keep streaming and browse from HBO GO app disrupted and will cause a sense of huge frustration in you. Here is what you can do to fix this problem.
- Download and install the most recent software version
A VPN service provider will always make sure that its software program remains stable and effective. But, at times it becomes difficult due to a number of reasons. Though, there is a team of developers that constantly try their best to keep the VPN service up and running. The changes in the VPN service and the fixes that are found by developers are provided to the end users in the form of updates. So, if you are facing the problem of ‘VPN crashing down’, then you might need to update your HBO GO app, as that could fix the problem. You can also change the update settings to ‘download & install the updates automatically’.
- Close all other apps that are currently being used on the VPN
If you are using a number of apps on the same VPN besides HBO GO app, then you need to turn all those apps off because they might be the reason as to why your VPN is crashing down too often. Simply put, close all the unnecessary apps.
- Reinstall VPN client
If both aforementioned steps fail to resolve the issue, then the last option left for you is to, delete and uninstall the VPN client. Follow below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Right-click the mouse on ‘Start’ button and then, select ‘programs and features’.
- Find the VPN that you are currently using from the list of programs. Uninstall the VPN now.
- You are going to get a notification regarding the successful uninstallation of the app in the ‘setup wizard’. Once you get it, close the wizard.
- If you are still seeing the VPN on the list despite uninstalling it successfully, then right click on the ‘start’ button and then, select ‘Run’.
- In the Run command box, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ followed by hitting ‘enter’ button, which will open Network connections window.
- Right click on ‘WAN’ miniport now, which is an option that is given under ‘Network Connections’ option.
- Select ‘Delete’ option followed by clicking ‘Start’ and then, select ‘settings’.
- Click ‘Network & internet’ option now.
- At last, choose ‘VPN’ and even then, you need to delete that VPN.
The process of resolving ‘VPN crashing down’ is now complete. You will not see this error again, so it is time to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows on HBOGO activate without any interruption. In case, you come across any issue, then you can consult smart TV helpline, as they know the right way of fixing annoying problems similar to this one.