Google Chromecast is a portable digital media streaming player that can be easily plugged into the HDMI port of any HD TV or Smart TV. Chromecast is available in three colors, black, coral and lemonade. With the increasing popularity of the digital streaming devices, the sales of Chromecast has also gone up. One of the primary reasons behind the increment in the sales is the name of the world’s biggest software giant ‘Google’. The potential in the digital streaming market has compelled Google to come up with its own device that could take up the likes of Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV. Chromecast has done significantly well in the digital market, though there is a long way to go because Chromecast is not associated with as many networks as Roku. It is a quite easy to connect Chromecast to the HD TV or Smart TV and then, stream your favorite digital data. The streaming takes place with the help of Google Cast app, which is easily available on iOS and Android platforms. Go to the respective app store, download and install the app to stream your favorite data.
What Is Google Cast?
Google Cast is the app (formerly, Google Chromecast app) that lets you stream your favorite digital content from the web to your TV screen. But, make sure that you have devices that support Google Cast. There is Android TV, which you can use, but it doesn’t have an in-built option to support Google Cast, so the most viable option left for you is Google Chromecast. The Google Cast app was dedicatedly made for Google Chromecast, but with time, Google has realized that the app needs to be beyond the boundaries of any particular platform. Therefore, they changed the name of the app and made it available for other platforms as well.
How to use Google Cast:
The installation of Google Cast on your smartphone or tablet needs to be proper. Both, the smartphone/tablet and the Google Cast device needs to be on the same wireless network. After the syncing of the device with the app, you are ready to stream digital content.
Google Cast Extension
It is also possible to stream the content from your PC/laptop by adding an extension on your Google Chrome. In order to do so, you need to search for ‘Chrome extension for Google Cast’ and download the top link that you come across in the search results. It is quite easy to download the extension and then install it. Once it is installed, you will see the Cast option at the top of the Chrome browser. Once you see it, you can easily stream any type of digital content on your TV screen.
There are a wide range of apps that you can find compatible with Google Cast such as, Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies, BT Sport, BBC iPlayer, Now TV and more.
Google Chromecast and Google Cast Issues
Setup related issues
- Unable to do www Chromecast setup properly.
- Google Chromecast is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi network not listed in the list of networks.
- Chromecast is not getting connected to the TV physically.
- A yellow exclamation mark is shown on the TV.
- Chromecast home screen is not visible on the TV.
- Not able to set up Chromecast device and Google Cast app.
- Unable to connect to the selected Wi-Fi network.
Casting related issues (Television)
- Not able to cast from Google Cast.
- Not able to cast Android screen from the Google Cast app.
- YouTube app is not able to install on Android and iOS device.
- Improper sound when casting Android screen.
Cast related issues (Chrome)
- Google Cast Extension is not visible on Chrome browser.
- Chromecast help for the error named ‘No cast device found’.
- While casting from Chrome, a pink or purple screen is being displayed.
- No Chromecast support for getting cast extension on Chrome.
- Poor video quality while casting a tab.
- Improper content while casting a tab from the Chrome browser.
- Audio and video is out of sync.
- Either audio or video or both are missing while casting a tab.
- Video is OK on computer but when connecting to the TV gets frozen.
Guest Mode related issues
- Guest mode pin is missing on Chromecast.
- Guest mode pin is visible, but can’t find Cast icon in the apps supported by Google Cast.
- Guest mode is not working while auto-pairing.
- The requested track can’t be played
- Incomplete Chrome cast setup is resulting in network issues.
- Absence of native plugins.
- Disabled UPnP in the router.
Google Chromecast Setup: Doing it right
Prior to setting up of the Google Chromecast, it is important to take a look at the things required to setup the device.
- A Smart TV or HD TV that has at least one HDMI port.
- A USB port on your television.
- A high-speed and secured Wi-Fi network.
- An iOS or Android based device, which will be used to install the app.
How To Cast?
- Connect the Chromecast device into the television. There is a cable, one side of which connects to the TV and other end goes to the Chromecast.
- The three devices, Chromecast, smartphone and the TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- After opening the Google Cast app, it is possible to stream your favorite content. More info about it can be found on www Chromecast com setup.
- If there is any issue, then it is better to recheck the entire setup process, which can be done by browsing www Google com Chromecast setup.
Chromecast And Google Cast Support
For all the assistance related to the support for Google Cast and Chromecast can be available at https://support.google.com/chromecast/. You will get all the information pertaining to the setup Google Chromecast.
There is quite a chance that you will miss a few steps while setting up Google Chromecast, so to make sure that this doesn’t happen, you need to check https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/. You will get a step-by-step instruction as to how to setup the device in the right way and pave the way for streaming your favorite digital content.