Roku users frequently face video streaming issues that may be due to internet or wiring problems. So today we have few steps to avoid the inconvenience caused due to these playback issues.
Roku media player allows you to stream high-quality content from a variety of streaming channels like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc. One should have a high-speed internet connection to stream the media files on Roku. In case you are not receiving the minimum required internet speed for streaming, then you won’t be able to view the content. But if you are still able to see the content with that much internet speed, then you might notice the picture quality of the content is not much accurate as it usually used to be.
You might face a variety of playback issues at the different time few of which are listed below:
- Unable to stream a particular content.
- Streaming issues with any particular channel only.
- Slow buffering issues like video might play after frequent pauses.
- Poor picture quality.
- A slight delay before playing the content.
Resolution for solving the issues:
- If you are not able to view a particular video, then try playing another video and check if it plays right. If the another video plays correctly, then it’s not the problem with any of your devices. It’s a problem from the channel provider end, so report this issue to them.
- If you are not able to stream all the content from a particular channel, then try playing the content from another streaming channel. Also, check if you are properly subscribed to that channel, and there are no pending payments due for that subscription. Ensure the account is correctly linked to your Roku device.
- If you are not able to access the content from all of the streaming channels, then you need to check the speed of your internet network. You should run a speed test by visiting the www.speedtest.net site. If you find that the speed of internet is very slow as compared to the required internet speed, then you need to boost the speed of your Internet network by resetting the Roku and the modem or router.
To reset the Roku go through the following steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Go to “System” settings.
- Click on the option for “Power.”
- Select the option for “System Restart” to reset the Roku box.
To reset the modem or Router either go through the settings manual provided by ISP or just unplug the main power cord and then plug it back after 20 sec. It might increase the speed of your internet network. In case the speed is not increased then you should contact the service provider of your Internet network to increase the bandwidth from their end.
- If you are suffering from poor picture quality, then the congestion over the Internet network is responsible for this problem. So to solve this issue, you should disconnect all the other devices that are using the same internet network. It might resolve the issue as the speed will be increased, and thus you may receive better picture quality.
So these were few steps you need to follow to encounter all the playback issues with Roku. For more help, we always recommend people to visit www Roku Com Support an d get the best troubleshooting procedures.