Being a fine user of the streaming device, there are instances when your Roku is not connecting. Here is the fine way to fix up the error.
How is it going with your Roku device? Roku has placed itself as one of the key streaming devices in the streaming devices category in the market. The range of astounding features and services has also been the key reason that the streaming device has grabbed the attention of all the potential users around the world.
Being on the active side, the company always stay on their best efforts to upgrade and raise the performance of their lineup of products in a dynamic way and render the best streaming experience to all the users out there. Apart from the features and services, Roku is actually known for its spectacular range of channel store which delivers the best content and has established the streaming device as the home entertainer.
Well, streaming with the Roku device doesn’t always render the classic streaming experience. As there are many instances when the Roku device gets trapped in the most common error code 011, which signifies that Roku Tv is not able to connect to your big screen. It can also be the reason of Roku losing the connection to the update server of Roku. There may be the case that the Roku servers were not being available in order to maintain the server. When you counter this kind of situation, then go ahead and then try again after a short period of break.
After that, you will just need to perform the power cycle of the Roku player by simply following up the instructions which are given below. You need to be capable of continuing where you were left.
In order to fix the issue:
- The first thing you need to do is the power cycle of the Roku player and by simply detaching the power connector from the back side of the fine Roku Tv player.
- After that, you will be required to reconnect the power and then keep waiting for the player to get restarted. After it gets restarted, simply follow up all the instructions on the screen.
In the case, if the power cycling of the Roku player did not fix the error, then you can head on for the option of network power cycle.
- In order to do this, you will require detaching the power connector from all the devices. Please note that your modem and router could be the one physical unit.
- Wireless router
- Head on to reconnect the power connectors in the below-specified order:
- Wireless router
- Roku player
- Now you will require permitting the gateway and modem to boot up in a complete manner until it comes into the normal operational mode.
- Lastly, you will need to follow up all the on-screen instructions from the TV and the Roku player.
If these options don’t work out, then you will require going for the reset of the streaming device or you can get in touch with the experts for professional guidance and further solutions.