To enjoy the best streaming background with a Roku player or Roku TV, you will require a solid remote system and a dependable Internet network. In this article we’ve assembled a few tips to help the remote wireless signal to your Roku player and enhance your streaming feature. We suggest you to go through the majority of the data, since each tip may offer assistance. If you are facing any frequent reloading problem, content loading issues or Roku Not Working properly then the following steps below may help to improve your streaming experience with your Roku device.
How to connect Roku with Wi-Fi:
Your Roku needs a strong Wi-Fi connection for its operation.so it is to be properly connected with Wi-Fi. If you notice error message 014.40 on your home screen then it means that you are unable to Connect Roku To Wi-Fi network. The following suggestion will definitely help you to fix the problem.
- Ensure that you are using the correct password for your wireless network. Case sensitive should be kept in mind.
- There are number of Wi-Fi connections listing in your available connection, make sure that you have selected the correct one with same wireless name
- Place the player closer to the Wi-Fi box for better signal strength.
- Please ensure that your MAC address is turned on. You can check this by scrolling down to advanced router setting section.
- If the error again appears at this point then you reboot your device by just unplugging it for 30 seconds and plug it back.
- Go to advanced router setting option and change the security mode to WPA/PSK.
If you are still getting an error message then you need to check your internet connection on some other device that whether it is functioning or not.
How to fix HDCP unauthorized message:
Sometimes when you want to watch the live contents with your Roku then you might have seen HDCP Unauthorized Roku content message on your purple screen. This is the result of loose connector or bad HDMI cable. To solve this issue you can try these steps:
- Unplug the HDMI connector from both ends i.e., from player as well as from the receiver.
- Switch off the TV and Roku for 10 seconds by unplugging the power cord.
- Restore the power and connect the HDMI cord again at both the ends.
- Now you can try to watch the contents/video again.
If the problems still exists then you need to change the HDMI cable and there might be possibility that your TV doesn’t support the HDCP over the HDMI mode because of older TV model. You can take support from the manufacturer regarding this issue.
Roku Remote is not working:
Roku comes with Remote control which eases you to control the device from some distance. If Roku Remote Not working properly then you can take following measures to fix it.
- Keep the remote point directly at your Roku.
- Try to operate it by moving close to the Player.
- Ensure that the batteries/cell are inserted properly and are not deteriorated.
- There should be no obstruction in the front of Player.
- If the player responds each time to pressed button of remote then there is problem with player not with the remote.
How to fix it permanently:
- Remove the socket from the wall outlet.
- Plug it again after 5 seconds. Roku logo will appears on the TV screen.
- Remove the back cover of remote to replace the battery. Then press the latch button
- Hold the pairing button firmly for 3 seconds inside the battery section.
- Now you can try your remote. It will definitely work.
How to connect Roku with server:
Roku requires a connection with update server for regular updates. There may be chance that its servers are not accessible due to maintenance. Try to do it again after a short span of time. But if you still see Roku Error Code 011 on your screen then you must perform power cycle with instructions mentioned below:
- Unplug the device and reconnect it in the order >modem>wireless router>Roku player.
- Let them boot up completely and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- You can reset the player manually by pressing reset button for 20 seconds.
We hope that this article will surely help you in bringing the best streaming experience with your Roku player.