Have you configured HBO streaming service on your Android phone or tablet? If yes, then is it working properly? In case everything is working fine, then its ok but if you are facing an issue with your HBO activate, then read the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post. You need to retry the action after performing each step given below so that you can root out the exact cause of the problem. The steps discussed below will definitely work for you.
All the steps are almost same for all the Android models. If your phone model is not available in the list, then you can confirm it from HBO Go link. The complete procedure for such device may change from another device.
Now we are going to discuss the general troubleshooting steps.
1.Check network connection: If you want to stream seamless contents through HBO Go app, then a minimum of 3 Mbps speed is required otherwise, the video keeps on buffering and you won’t be able to experience the best quality. So, a good internet speed is a must for streaming the live videos from HBO Go service. It must be remembered that your HBO Go service should be activated on HBOGO com activate link.
If you are using a wireless network at home and getting speed problem, then power cycle all the network devices. This may solve the problem.
If you are still encountering the same problem, then there is a need to diagnose the network by calling at internet service provider number. You can also troubleshoot the problem by resetting the network devices.
- Clear cache and restart HBO GO: From your device, you need to clear the cache and old data files. For this, you need to open ‘Settings’ then ‘Applications’. The steps may vary with the model name and OS. Click on ‘HBO GO’ and force stop it. You will find clear cache option here. Click on it to clear the previous data. Now open HBO Go activate page and check if the problem still persists or not.
- Restart your device: Another approach to troubleshooting the HBO go problem on Android phone and tablet is by restarting the activated device. Press the power button for some seconds until you see the power off option on the screen. For more help related to it, go to HBO go activate device link.
- Power off your device and wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Turn on your android device again after 15 seconds.
- Open HBO and check if the problem still persists or not. If the problem still persists, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- Remove and reinstall HBO GO: For this, you need to open ‘settings’ then go to ‘applications’. Search for HBO streaming service in the app list. Click on it to uninstall it from the phone.
- Open play store from the home menu and install HBO GO app again on your phone or tablet. Check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Install updates for your android software: Open your Android software update settings and check for the new update if available.
This is all about the troubleshooting steps. If you are still having any doubt or problem, then you can call at HBO support number. Here we want to mention an important point that if your android device is rooted or is having an accustomed RAM, then HBO GO will not support this. This problem can only be resolved by restoring the factory settings to default. These settings are available in the phone menu. You can open the ‘Restore’ function from the sub menu.