Till date, it was beyond the bounds of possibility for cable cutters to enjoy HBO programs on their Apple TV. The only way to enjoy their favorite programs was by watching it on someone else HBO go license. This was not the permanent method or we can say the solution to this problem. Now apple and HBO Go has partnered with each other to bring a new streaming service for the Apple TV models.
You will be thrilled to hear that HBO Now is available on your Apple TV device. If you have owned any generation apple TV, then you can easily enjoy HBO GO service on it. Today, we are going to provide the steps to activate or deactivate the HBO Go service on your 2nd and 3rd generation apple TV. If you have still not activated your HBO Go Service, then do activate it so that you can enjoy all the programs on it without any problem or error.
Activating the HBO Go on your Apple TV:
To activate the service, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch HBO Go on your Apple TV, if HBO GO is not available on the Home screen, then go to apps section or click on the Help link at the top of the screen.
- Go to ‘settings’.
- Click on ‘activate device’ to obtain the activation code for your device. You need to wait for a while until you enter the code in the space provided. For this, you have to switch on your computer.
- Go to HBOGO.com/activate link and select Apple TV from the list of supported devices. The complete list of supported devices is available on this link. You can check whether your device supports HBO Go service or not on this link.
- Now, you will be required to select the TV provider followed by entering the username and password for the account. If the username and password are not known to you, then it is recommended to call your TV provider or send a query mail on the official TV support mail id given on the web page.
- In case, your TV provider is not given in the supported list, then it means that your Apple TV still doesn’t support HBO Go service. You can discuss this matter with the HBO Go support team over the phone. Direct link for ‘why my TV providers don’t provide HBO GO service’ is also available on the HBO GO official web page.
- Enter the activation code in the space provided as discussed in step 3 to activate your device.
- You will get ‘success’ message displayed on the screen.
- You can now enjoy HBO GO service on your device.
Important: The activation code, which you receive on your computer screen is valid for 15 minutes. If you don’t enter the code within the stipulated period of time, then you need to get a new code from the official page. In case of any problem, you can visit the HBO GO page from your computer browser. 4th generation Apple TV users can also check the activation code on the official page of HBO Go service or they can submit the request for the same on the link.
Deactivating HBO GO on Apple TV
The steps to deactivate HBO GO on Apple TV are:
- Open HBO GO on your TV.
- Go to ‘settings’ followed by ‘deactivating a device’.
Apart from this, if you have given your Apple TV to someone else and you forgot to deactivate the HBO GO service on it, then there’s nothing to worry, just call us at our customer support number. We will provide the link to you from where you can deactivate your device personally or you can send a request to us in this regard.