With HBO activate on your TiVo device, you can enjoy the entire series of programs, movies and programs available in the library. You can request for any movies or show according to your taste or demand.
Here, we want to clear one thing that HBO app is not available for all the TiVo players, but it is accessible only through some of the models whose hardware supports this app. To start HBO streaming service on your TiVo device, you need to contact your cable service provider. If the service is not still accessed by you, then it means that your cable provider is not offering the HBO service to TiVo customers.
Before discussing further, we want to shed some light on the requirements of HBO app, which are must for streaming it on your device.
Compatible TiVo devices
- TiVo bolt series.
- TiVo Roamio series.
- TiVo premiere series.
- TiVo Mini.
HBO go is not available on older Series 1, 2 and 3 models as it doesn’t have compatible hardware and technology.
- Your TiVo device must have installed version 20.5.6 or higher. For more information and support related to software, you can visit HBO go activate device link from the browser.
- Apart from this, you must require subscribing to HBO service from your cable provider.
When you launch the HBO Go app in your TiVo device for the first time, then you need to configure it first and then click on HBO go link.
- When you open the HBO Go app on your device, a 7 digit code will be displayed on the screen. You need to enter this code at HBO GO activate link and press continue.
- You need to select your TiVo device at this link from the list of devices, then click ‘Continue’.
- Now, select your TV provider and enter the login details of your provider to login to the account.
- Authentication from the TV provider is a must. If your cable provider is not in the list of supported cable networks, then call your cable operator and told him to allow the HBO app for streaming the contents.
Once the account gets verified, you need not to login to the TiVo box again for a year or till you don’t unsubscribe to the HBO service.
If you can’t find the HBO Go app icon
If the app icon is not available on screen, then go to ‘TiVo central’ and select ‘settings and messages’ option. Go to channel and app settings and check mark the box given next to ‘MY video providers’. Here you will find HBO app.
If you are using a TiVo supported DVR, then you need to call your operator to get settings for HBO Go app.
You see the HBO app, but with no check mark
If this condition arises, then click on HBO GO and add it to the checkmark list. You will find this app available in Movies, videos section so on.
You see the HBO Go app and it is there is check mark, but still, the app is not found in Videos, TV, and movies
- Reset the app by unchecking it from the settings. Click on the app to highlight it and select again to checkmark it. Now repeat the same process again to check if the problem is resolved or not.
- If the same problem still exists, then stop the connection to the TiVo service and get HBO go help from the support team by calling at HBO support number.
- Troubleshoot the network as well, if you are getting the error message on the screen.
If all the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you, then call at TiVo customer support number.