If you are using Chromecast audio and have full Chrome Cast Setup, then you can easily cast your favorite music on your TV. By using Chrome browser tab, you can cast whatever you play on your computer to your speakers. For starting you need to ensure that you have full Chromecast Com Setup to use Chromecast audio with Chrome.
Setting up the Casting from Chrome
- If you don’t have, then download Chrome.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Chrome.
- Although not required but we still recommend you to install cast button so that you can get the cast icon.
- Ensure that your Chromecast audio and laptop or PC is connected to the same Wi-fi network.
Casting the Content from Chrome
There are 4 ways by which you can cast content from Chrome or you can take help from Chromecast Support:
- From a cast enabled site: Open the site which is cast enabled like YouTube or Netflix. Now Click the cast button at the right corner at the bottom.
- From a web page in chrome: After installing the cast button click on it in the chrome toolbar which is at the upper right corner of your browser.
- From the cast button: Navigate to the settings menu of Chrome in the chrome toolbar at the upper right corner of your browser and then click cast.
- From Chrome settings menu: Choose the device to be cast. After that open a tab in the chrome browser and right click on the page and then click cast.
Casting the content of PC
You can cast your PC or laptop content if you have Windows, Chrome or Mac OS.
How to Know Whether Content is Casting
When the content will cast, the cast button will turn blue and there will be a glow around the tab’s icon which is being cast. You can cast almost everything from the web content. The sites using Silverlight, VLC and Quick time will not be supported and it may result in lack of sound or picture. On your computer, you will see the sound and images of the selected tab. You will hear this sound on your speakers. The sound of non-selected tabs can be heard from your computer. When you open a menu, or select the device you see a short description related to the current activity of the Chromecast. Tap the Cast this tab button to stop what is showing and cast the present tab instead.